Monday, 8 February 2016

Four months in.

Well today its four months since I had the operation and upon my morning weigh in, I was 100.7kg, or 15 stone 12 for those who like it old style. That's 59 3/4 down since I started on the journey.

Do I feel better? Well yes of course: not carrying around an extra 60lb makes things like, well general living much easier than it was. Also, my cycling (when its not raining or windy) has improved in that I am now getting personal bests on most rides I do, including up the Greyhound climb (both parts) yesterday. Pleased about that as I remember when that hill was a right struggle!

Also, I have started to plan some longer rides including doing the Stafford Road Club ride next month: the 37 mile version. I know some of the roads it's going to cover but not the lumpy bit beyond Hixon. I might head out and give it a try later this week to see what its like.

On to swimming...well I seem to have learned how to the leg kick on breast stroke...its a shame I struggle to do it at the same time as I do the arm pull, while I have had some training on my front crawl. That is going to take some time to get used to but give it time.... not sure I am going to be ready for my Tri in September but lets see.

Talking about the tri, I still haven't started on my running training as the new course doesn't start until next month. Running is the one thing I am worried about as even at 100kg (hopefully 96kg by the time it starts) I won't find running natural. But then again, I remember when I started cycling I struggled to do a mile and thought that cycling into town was a mega epic event! Now I just find it a pain given some of the smegs who drive around here. On that note, I have just brought a Garmin Dash Cam so I can prove that it wasn't my fault..... :-)

So, my target for the rest of the month is to do at least another 160 miles to take me over 200 miles for the month: If I can do 20 miles three more weekends and at least a couple of mid week rides I should make that, and to carry on my swimming practice. I would like to lose another 10lb but weight loss is slowing down as you would guess it would happen.

Right, that's enough for now. More when I have something to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment