Morning and firstly, sorry for not reporting in earlier. I would love to say it has been as I have been so very busy doing lots of exciting stuff like climbing mountains or swimming with dolphins or something like that but truth be known, I am just a lazy git who rarely has anything interesting to say; as you will have noted, so haven't bothered coming back here to tell you all about it.... no wonder Facebook threw me out for being boring!
Anyway, that over, an update on where I am on my weight loss journey and all that. Where am I...stuck. I have managed to lose only a pound over the last week or two, so I am now down to 113.5kg (or about 17st 12). Okay, I should be happy that I have lost weight but I would have liked a few more pounds before today's visit to the clinic (that sounds like I am going to get an STD fixed or something...!). It's not that I am over eating as I have certainly cut down on what I was gorging myself on but I feel that my body is hanging onto every calorie I put into it as its worrying about where its next feed is coming from. Perhaps? Oh however I have discovered one thing I can't eat...wholemeal bread! I had half a slice on Saturday morning which completed bunged me up and caused me to vomit. Not nice but its the only time I have done so, so at least that doesn't seem to be a problem as it can be with some people.
I suppose I look a little different due to the weight loss than I did.... I can see some difference, as can CBH. It was interested that I got a comment at a team meeting on Tuesday by someone who knew I had had the operation (only three people at work do), that I was looking quite well. Good feedback. Talking about being quite well, I saw my GP on Monday who gave me the results of my HC1 blood sugar tests. My count is 44, down from 66 and according to the GP: "almost normal." Which is nice.
Before we move onto today's action at THE CLINIC...... (sorry, trying to build it up) shall we talk about any cycling...well its part of what the blog is about isn't it. Thus, rewinding a little, last Friday I finished work early on the Friday: well I am paid to do around 37 hours a week but had already had done well over 45, so off to the lanes around my favourite village Ranton I went....only to get nearly drown in a rain storm.... not quite but you know what I mean. However, being very stupid, I forgot to put my wet clothes in the washing machine, so next morning they were dank and unpleasant to wear. That afternoon, after finding some clean and dry stuff, a few miles were done around the lakes near Penkridge..... they aren't really lakes but there was so much water on the road, they may as well have been! Oh...and did I mention the wind?
Tuesday it was of into Birmingham for a team meeting, so for a change I cycled to the station.... I managed the "climb" up the first road in the big ring, which is nice and the down hill spin took only 9 minutes. Coming back in the evening is a bit more of a struggle and includes an additional half a mile of travel as I avoid the bridge over the railway line on the Newport Road. Well its only a lane wide at the most, and has metal fencing along side which if you get trapped against will see the end of you. Oh you can try and take a lane but most of the time the killers in their metal boxes won't let you and try to push their way by. Anyway, the 2.2 miles did take 14 minutes but then its uphill most of the way and the wind was still playing up! I think overall I have done about 25 miles this week. I really need to up that if I am going to get fitter...fit enough to do some excellent adventures next year as planned....more on that when I make my mind up!
Finally then, today is fill day! No, its not Phil from East Enders day, but its the day "they" adjust my band to make the hole smaller which should me I can eat less and thus, lose weight. I think given that my weight loss has almost dried up, this should be a good thing for me....not sure I am looking forward to the needle or the three days worth of liquid diet again, but on the positive side, I should have lost a stone by Christmas....oh sorry, if we take the ads on telly that's next week isn't it.....SCREAM.... I HATE CHRISTMAS ADS IN NOVEMBER.... so should finally get back into the 16 stone range, somewhere I have not been since the late 80's I would think.
I promise I will report back in tomorrow after having it done...honest.
No comments:
Post a Comment