Morning. Well, I have had my first fill and me don't like it!
So, of to Birmingham I went on Thursday and the first thing to note was the lack of traffic on the M6. For once (and perhaps for once only), the road was totally free of queues meaning I arrived at the clinic half an hour early which gave me time to "people watch" the persons ahead of me in the queue including one women so fat she had to stop for a breathe every few paces... It can't be good being that unfit so at least she was doing some good having a gastric band fitted, although I would have thought a bypass would have been better for her given her possible BMI..... blimey, I am turning into a fat nazi here!
Oh, and please clinic, turn the blood radio off or at least down or to a listenable station. I really feel sorry for kids of now days having to put up with the rubbish which passes for music now days. Its horrible, auto tuned rubbish.... after half an hour of listening to it I was ready to kill!
Moving on quickly to the procedure.... the nurse was very nice and took a short history of how I was getting on with the band and did note, as I thought, that the port was quite high up under the skin (if that makes any sense). and then stuck me with a long needle. I tried not to watch as I am not great with needles but it seemed that the Mr Super had put some fluids in the band: 1ml worth. I thought he said he had left it empty. Anyway, the nurse withdrew this and replaced it with 4ml worth. And, apart from a plaster, that was that.
Having the fill means that its back to liquids for three days but being me, I had to cheat so last evening I ate a small piece of CHB left over pie crust....MISTAKE as I came close to throwing up almost straight away. Must remember to stay away from such lovely food stuffs....sob. As to weight loss, I seem to be stuck again around 113kg. I put this down to not having had a poo since Thursday.
Anyway, on other topics, did a quick cycle ride before yesterdays game....Got VERY wet and winded upon doing a circuit around Penkridge International Airport. Only 8 miles but by then, I was very cold and wet so was very glad to get back to the car and change into something warmer. I have no idea how people do long rides in the rain: it seems to drag all the fun out of cycling. I hate getting wet when exercising. Perhaps I should start going swimming again?
Right that's me done. Got some jobs to do around the house today and some shopping to get with CBH but this afternoon I have a long ride (20 miles plus with a bit of luck planned), so wish me luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment