Well gets get down to the nitty gritty.... I haven't lost any weight this week! It seems after dumping two stone in a month, my body has gone "WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOO there!" and slammed the brakes on! That, or I have been overeating? I don't know when I look back at what I have been eating as far as I can calculate, I have been staying under 1 200 calories a day all week, so should have lost some?
I don't know....lets see what this week brings. Thinking about this week, it going to be a bit of a challenge as I am off to Stamford on Tuesday for the day, so will have to plan my meals for whilst I am out. The rest of the week I am at home, so it shouldn't be too bad. As for exercising, I need to pick that up a pace: I did a short 20 minute walk on Tuesday, a six mile bike ride on Wednesday, tried to use the treadmill on Thursday but ended up stopping after only 5 minutes with a very sore hip, and had a bike adventure yesterday.....
Well did my first bike adventure
yesterday since my operation, although I will happily accept that the
word “adventure” is somewhat over egging what I did at only 19
miles, but hey ho, it was different from the normal loops I have been
doing and did include a muddy canal side path, a cycle path full of
cars.... POLICE cars at that and a train ride home!!!
So, faced with “needing” to be in
Brereton yesterday afternoon for the epic top of the table clash
between unbeaten Brereton Social and the MIGHTY Penkridge FC I was
faced with three choices.... I could drive, an idea I quickly
dismissed as the roads around here are currently a nightmare with
roadworks everywhere....it seems that everyone who is entitled to dig
up a road is currently doing so, get the train there and walk the
last 2 miles each way, or cycle it! Guess which won?!
Now as the crow flies its only 10 miles
or so between here and Brereton but that would include using the
extremely unpleasant to cycle on A513, so instead I decided to use
the somewhat quieter but quite lumpy Tixall Road out of town to the
back of Shugborough Hall where I picked up the rather muddy canal
path at Haywood Junction. I followed this path, down to Meadow Lane
before rejoining Main Road at Little Heywood, thus avoiding the climb
in Great Heywood....okay, its only 100 foot but I am so poor at
climbing I would rather go around and risk falling into the canal!
Then after a quick dash along the A51
came my favourite bit of the trip, the hardly used by anyone,
Bellamour Lane.... I love this road! It is like roads should be... no
traffic, nicely graded and a joy to cycle on. Turning right onto
Colton Road brought me to Rugeley Trent Valley station and then onto
the cycle path along side the A51 to the ground slowing down only to
avoid the four police cars dumped on the cycle path! Nice bit of
“showing the public how to act” that.
Overall a nice trip of 15 miles in just
over 82 minutes.
After the match (which the MIGHTY
Penkridge won 2-0), given that night was falling and I dislike
cycling in the dark, I took the London Midland train back from
Rugeley to Stafford....never before have I seen so much luggage
stored on the train. It was everywhere, so much so I struggled to
find a place to stand and rest my bike!
So overall 19.8 miles at an average
speed of just over 11mph....not bad for a fat lad and a bit of an
adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment