Sunday, 25 October 2015

One month done....quite a few more to go!

Morning

Well its a month today since I started this process so its time to review how well, or otherwise I have done....firstly however a confession.... I can't find my starting stats so I haven't got anything currently to compare to....sorry.

Anyway, a month ago I seemed to remember I was 127.7kg, or 20stone 1lb. This morning my weight had dropped to 113.9kg, or 17 stone 13lb. So, if my scales are accurate, I have lost 2 stone 2 pounds in a month: or 30lb if you are that way inclined. Quite pleased with that as my first goal is to lose 100lb or just over 7 stone. So, I am a third of a way there already.....

However, I am realistic to know that the first bit is the easy bit. It becomes harder as time goes on as the easy weight to lose will have been lost, while the willpower to lose weight also drops with time until at least the first fill. As an example, I bragged the other day about not needing to eat soft foods as everything seemed to be okay internally with me...hey, look at me, I can eat whatever I want.....well I learned that I couldn't as I eat far too much and felt sick afterwards for ages. So, today I was back on the soft stuff and on the soft stuff I will remain for another 10 days.

Oh and I did my measurements today... I'll find the one's I took at the start of the process eventually. Please don't laugh but...

Neck: 20 3/4 inches
Chest: 53 1/2 inches
Waist: 51 inches
Hips: 45 1/2 inches........ yes, I am a bit of a funny shape!

Shall we move on? Well went to the cinema on Thursday to see The Program (of course it should be Programme but what do those Americans know about speeling!) It wasn't bad but could have been so much better if it had been filmed from the journo's point of view. 6/10 perhaps?

Moving on to my cycling.... the nice gentle winds and warm days we have been having recently have gone, so yesterday it was a quick 7.1 mile ride in the rain before the Penkridge V Wetley game.... when I say "quick" my average speed was 12mph which is moving towards the speed I would like to do as an average. Today (Sunday), out early to do 16 odd miles in temps of 3C..... bleeping cold! Not quite as fast today but the mileage done is the furthest I have done since my operation. Indeed, I have done more miles this month (87) than I did in September. I am just under 1 300 for the year...perhaps I might make it to 1 600 for the year....next year perhaps twice that??? Who knows.

So my week coming then....well its school half term so perhaps a few pre work rides now that the roads will be free of school run cars....please don't get me started on the school run.... A post work ride is now a little difficult as the clocks went back last night meaning it will be dark around 4.30pm and I hate cycling in the dark.

Nothing much more to say so have a nice day and stay away from those chips!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment