Thursday, 22 October 2015

Liquid period over....

Morning

Well the period during which I was permitted to "eat" liquid foods has come to an end and now I can progress onto semi solids....is a chip semi solid?

Looking back, I can't say I enjoyed the liquid stage and did "cheat" a little but mostly stuck to it. Was it worth it? Well my weight has dropped from 127.7kg to 114.7kg this morning, a loss of 2 stone or so in old money. I am pleased about that and people are already noticing I look lighter but there is still loads of weight to go!

Returning to the liquid diet; I can see why it was needed before the operation: to give them space to operate, but I wonder if it was actually needed for more than a few days after the operation from a medical point of view as I seemed to have healed up very quickly and thus, feel I could have eaten semi solids earlier than today. Is it just a way of getting you to stick to a low calorie liquid diet rather than returning to "proper" food before your first fill? I tend to think it is. Not that that's a bad thing but I have been disappointed by the lack of contact by Healthier Weight regarding dieting as, apart from one booklet and an invite to buy food from their sister company, there hasn't been any. Thankfully, I know what I am doing....although that sounds a bit strange given to how fat I managed to get myself!

One thing I haven't been doing is exercising! Again I seem to keep finding reasons not to: its cold, its raining, there is something I need to do otherwise or simply, I can't be arsed. Hummm...overall I think the latter one wins! I do get irritated with myself as I am better thinking it than actually doing it. For example, I spent some time this morning working out a C2C2C route from Whitehaven via Carlisle to Wallsend and then back to Whitehaven via Penrith. Its do-able over five nights and yes, CBH says I can have time off for good behaviour but will I do it? Somehow I doubt it. Also, for our 25th CBH and I are returning to Las Vegas.....that's 8 years time by the way.... so I spent yesterday afternoon looking up the climb of Mount Charlston.... its the 22nd hardest in the US and is on my bucket list. Will I do it? I don't suppose so.

Anyway, on a more positive point, off to the cinema to see "The Program" this evening. Its a film about seven time Tour De France winner (and yes, as everyone else was doping at the time, he was the winner. Although this is a minority view, he should not have had this wins taken off him) Lance Armstrong. For some reason CBH doesn't want to go with me, so I'll be the strange bloke sitting on his own at the back booing the goodies and cheering Armstrong......


No comments:

Post a Comment