Thursday, 1 October 2015

T-7 days.... dieting is easy....

Today is the half way stage of my pre op diet. So, with major nerves, I "jumped" onto the scales. Well actually, I have a long wee, a large poo and tried to breathe out as much as I could before stepping into the scale.

Did it work? Have a lost weight after eating less than 1 000 calories a day for seven days? Also, I have topped up the exercise I have undertaken to at least half an hour a day.

"Well," I thought stepping off the scale: "That can't be right." So, I tried again. And yes, it did seem right.

So it seems that dieting and more exercise does actually work and you can lose weight. However, losing weight is easy, its keeping it off that hard. I am sure that if I was not going to be chopped in half next week and a mega large piece of plastic stuck inside me to stop me from ever enjoying my life again...........not actually true but there is part of me that believes this! There is another part of me which tells me that if I lose weight, then oppotunties currently not available to me will eventually become so.

Take for example the fact that today is the first day of the Audax New Year (happy New Year all... and no we don't have dancing dragons or fireworks is Audaxers.... we prefer bus shelters and cake. For those who have no idea what Audax is, this should help: http://www.aukweb.net/aboutauk/faq/  And no, you do not need a beard.  Or at the moment I am reading a book about the National Hill climbing championship (A Corinthian Endeavour by Paul Jones. Available in all good book shops and on Amazon for those who don't mind their tax avoiding nature). It would be nice to be able to climb hills on my bike such as the Col de Hyde Lea or the mighty "Col de King Cod (might have to avoid this latter Col as it takes me to my favourite chippie!).

So life is a bit of a balance. I have to suffer now for gain later. Or do I give up and carry on as I have been doing so, and lose out now and lose out later as well? Silly really as a decision has already been made and the operation is go ahead next Thursday: the 8th.

To that end, I received the paperwork from the hospital today.  Got to say, for a private hospital who are charging a substantial amount I would think (no idea really but I would estimate that a couple of grand out of what I have paid will go to them for the use of the room and the theatre, but of course, I might be miles off) its a bit mean for me to have to pay for postage to return an admission form to them. Oh and they want my credit card details in case I buy a newspaper or something when I am there. God, what meanies, I'll buy my copy of the Morning Star on the way there.

It seems I have to be there around 12.30pm (oh and while I am moaning, the standard of English in the letter was poor. Yes I know I am one to moan about poor English but that's never stopped me!) so hopefully they will "do" me around 2pm and I will be out around 6 to 7pm and home by 9pm? It would be useful if Healthier Weight/the hospital gave me more information but as I am expecting a phone call from them in  the next day or so, I'll ask then.

Okay that's enough for today. And in case you were wondering, I have lost 5kg this week (or 11lb). That's a hell of a lot for one week but as it feels like I have given up eating, its not surprising! Its certainly not a level I could keep up for any length of time!



No comments:

Post a Comment