Thursday, 15 October 2015

So what happened there then?

Blimey, I am a bit confused by this as I come to write some more....sorry, when I discover that at least two posts are missing. Not sure how that's happened: is there a Grammar Queen out there who cuts poorly written posts, or did I fail to press the correct button or something? Most confusing and to a degree, especially for me, rather irritating!

So to recap then, I managed to have a poo after about three days with the aid of a fibre powered purchased from Mr Tescos fine emporium and ever since have been regular once a day. The wind issue I have been having has calmed down quite a lot which is nice and I am no longer in pain from the operation, although I am still not comfortable laying on my front and am still need to drink quite a bit when in bed.

Sunday saw my first attempt at a cycle ride since the operation. Only 3.1 miles to the end of Burton Manor and back and only 16 minutes spent on the bike but hey, its a start. On Monday I went out for a slightly longer ride around Haughton (7.7miles). This ride didn't go as well as I had hoped due to breathing issues: I was burping so much that I couldn't get my breath at times. Yesterday's ride will be covered in my next post.

What else? Went back to work for a day on Tuesday, 3 1/2 days after the operation. No real issues doing so as my job requires me to make epic life changing decisions.... sit at a desk and push papers around mindlessly: it used to be a great job until the changes brought in recently. Now, if they didn't pay me a reasonable sum of money, I would be off to playgrounds new.... I wonder if that Team Sky contract is still available..... surely they need someone to hand out caps and stuff at Crits....

Ah, had a phone call from the Nurse at Healthier Weight to find out how I am getting on and to book my first band filling....not looking forward to that: 12th November. Irritating thing is its back onto a liquid diet for three days after that and then three more days on semi solids. Grrrr. I will moan at length about the post op diet in my next post.

Right, that's about enough of this post. More later in a new one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment