Morning....not very good at keeping this blog up to date am I!
So, an update.... not wanting to make this a blog about my poo but I had a really nasty case of "the runs" on Thursday. However, this lasted just one visit to the loo so what was behind it was not clear. Since then, my pooing was returned to a once a day event: down from three or four visits a day previous to my operation.
Talking about my operation, the opening seem to have fully healed and I am not getting any pain from them or internally, apart from when I try to sleep on my front. Its quite irritating but it seems where the port was placed is right against the skin so I knock it when trying to sleep that way. I managed to do the blood thinning injections as ordered without any real pain.... I hate injections... and wore the support stockings for the 10 days required to reduce the risk of DVT. Indeed, I was quite sad to take them off in the end as they did keep my legs nice and warm!
Food.... I wish I could eat some! I am still on the liquids only diet but blimey, its really hard to stick to it. For example, last week CBH and I went to the AmDram theatre in Horsehay which is based right next to what CBH brother says is the best chippy in Shropshire.... The God Father. So, we sat there at the break discussing whether we should get something small and lower fat from the place after the show.... a decision was made that it wouldn't hurt.... afterall it had been a week since my operation and I hadn't had any issues.......................... thankfully (or otherwise if you are me), the show finished at 10pm and the chippy closed at 9.30pm so we never got the chance......sob. I suppose someone is looking over me!
Cycling.... I did a little last week (only five miles) as for some reason I just couldn't get my legs moving but on Saturday I had more energy and did a quick 13 mile spin at nearly 12 mph over some of the lumpier bits around Penkridge before heading to Brocton FC for their disappointing game against Hereford FC.... the replacement club for Hereford United. The match was disappointing in two ways. Firstly Brocton must have spent days getting the ground ready for a large crowd given that Hereford get an average home attendance of over 2 000. However, only 336 turned up. The club deserved at least 200 more than that. And secondly, they had a burger bar at the ground which did a veggie burger but I couldn't have one....its not fair!...... well it is but I am still a fatty with fatty thoughts!
Okay, best wrap this up as I should be working....so what wasn't supposed to have happened then.... it seems over the weekend, despite cycling for 13 miles and spending an hour in our gym (we have a treadmill, a multi gym and a rowing machine) I managed to put on a pound! That certainly isn't supposed to happen! I suppose its just a blip but it does get you worried when you avoid food like you are supposed to but still put on weight!
No comments:
Post a Comment